Tuesday, April 5, 2016

MATCH PERFECTION


~ RIMMEL LONDON ~

Match Perfection Fix And Protect



FACE BASES!

I have been recently testing out this new foundation in both shades Ivory 100 & White Nude 102.
Both very similar in terms of shade and both seem to suit my light slightly pale skin. The Ivory is 
slightly lighter and appears a little grey upon application, however soon seems to change once 
settled onto my skin and turns into a more natural looking shade close to my own skin colour.

The White Nude is a shade or two darker, but still suitable for light skin tones and has more of a
orange/yellow undertone about it. This too seems like a slightly different shade when first applied,
however soon settles and changes to give me a natural slightly sun kissed glow. I found this foundation to give about a medium to full coverage on my skin. Was fairly impressed by this
as you will see more clearly in my video below.

These foundations are a pretty amazing combination whilst keeping the skin matte throughout the
day and keeping the natural oily t-zone under control, this product you may be surprised to know 
contains an SPF 20! I am pretty sure this is the first foundation I have come across to contain SPF and
still keep my skin matte throughout the day! 

Recently I put this foundation to the test and documented how it went on my skin throughout the day
used in conjunction with the Rimmel London Fix & Protect Primer. Take a look as I check in with my camera throughout the day and find out my thoughts on the end result.


Don't forget to subscribe, thumbs up & leave me a comment!

PRIMER!

As with another Rimmel London primer I have used previously, with this product a little goes a long way and you really need to be careful not to apply too much or your face will become overly white and the product difficult to blend in. I found a small amount to do just fine and worked to create a smoother, less oily surface on my skin as a good base for my makeup.

The formula is white and quite a bit runny, similar to that of a sunscreen consistency without the smell! The scent is actually much more fragrant with a light floral scent to it which quickly disappears after application.

I found this primer kept my foundation firmly in place throughout the day and my skin hardly got oily at all after around 10 hours. I noticed a positive result as I am usually much more oily by the end of the day especially when wearing makeup.

I would still apply a powder over the top of this primer and foundation combo, however for the purpose of my first impressions video I skipped this step to see how it found fair without it.

Overall a good base for foundation. Not overly blurring or skin perfecting, but pretty good at keep the skin matte and holding the makeup in place for a good full day!

These and other Rimmel London makeup products can be purchased from Priceline, Coles, K-Mart,
Woolworths, Big W, Target & other selected pharmacies around Australia.
Match Perfection Foundation RRP $18.95
Fix & Protect Primer RRP $13.95

How do you keep your skin matte throughout the day?

Let's follow each other! 

*This product was kindly send to me for consideration/review
*All photographs, video & opinions are all 100% honest & all my own

3 comments:

  1. I don't get too oily through the day but if I go out after work, I just smash on some translucent powder for a bit of a freshen up and touch up all the key colourings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translucent powder is amazing, can't live without that stuff! :) Great tip, thanks for stopping by Beth! xo

      Delete
  2. Sadly I was not a fan of this foundation. I miss the older formulation! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete